Junior Engineer is one of the highly in-demand jobs across the country. Staff Selection Commission conducts Junior Engineer Exam every year to recruit suitable candidates as Junior Engineer in civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering departments. Get the complete information about SSC JE 2020 Exam in this post and know the latest news.
SSC JE Latest News
Notification Released for the new Session
The Staff Selection Commission released the Notification PDF for SSC JE 2020 Recruitment. Aspirants willing to apply for Junior Engineer posts in Mechanical, Electrical and Civil discipline can go through the detailed SSC JE 2020 Notification PDF and apply before the last date. Direct Link to Fill SSC JE Application Form 2020.
SSC JE Notification 2020
SSC Junior Engineer Exam is a highly competitive examination conducted for filling in positions under Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts branches under various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission released the Junior Engineer Notification for the year 2020. Candidates go through the detailed SSC JE Recruitment Notification carefully to know all the information regarding the examination. The SSC JE Official Notification is an official document released by the exam conducting authority to inform candidates about the Recruitment.
SSC JE 2020 Notification PDF Download
- Candidates aged between 21 to 30 years can utilize this golden opportunity of working in a government organization.
- The Junior Engineer posts are categorized under Group B (Non-Gazetted) having a monthly SSC JE Salary ranging between Rs 35400 - Rs 112400 in the pay matrix of 7th Central Pay Commission.
- Selected candidates will be posted at either of the State/Central Government offices including CPWD, Water commission, MES, Farrakka Barrage Project, Central Water Power Research Station, and Quality Assurance Naval.
SSC JE Exam Dates 2020
Here is the brief exam dates for the new session of SSC JE 2020-21. Go through the complete schedule and apply accordingly.
|Notification Release Date||October 1, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||October 30, 2020|
|Tier-I Admit Card||March 2021|
|Commencement of Tier-I Exam||22nd March to 25th March 2021|
|SSC JE Tier-I Result||April 2021|
|Commencement of Tier-II Exam||To be notified later|
Posts To Be Filled Through SSC JE Recruitment 2020
Here is the list of posts that will be filled through the SSC Junior Engineer 2020 Recruitment conducted by Staff Selection Commission
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Water Commission||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Military Engineer Services (MES)||Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
|Farakka Barrage Project||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Border Road Organization (BRO)||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Border Road Organization (BRO)||Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Civil)|
|Central Water and Power Research Station||Junior Engineer (Electrical)|
SSC JE Vacancy 2020
The Staff Selection Commission has not yet notified the vacancies for this year. However, in the previous year, a total of 1601 SSC JE Vacancies were announced. The below table shows the post-wise vacancies for SSC JE Exam.
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||1277|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||29|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||206|
|Military Engineering Services (MES)(Electrical & Mechanical)||43|
|(Quality Surveying & Contract)||26|
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria were able to apply for the Junior Engineer 2018 Exam. Here are the eligibility criteria which were followed while applying for the Junior Engineer Post as mentioned in the SSC JE Notification PDF 2020.
Candidates must have a three-year diploma or Bachelor's degree in either Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University.
Candidates should be more than 18 years and less than 32 years in age. The Age relaxation for each category is as per the Indian Govt. rules.
Candidates willing to apply for Junior Engineer Post must be
- a citizen of India.
- a subject of Nepal
- a subject of Bhutan
- a Tibetan refugee who came to India, before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling here permanently
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
SSC JE Application Form 2020
The application process for Junior Engineer conducted by Staff Selection Commission has begun from 1st October 2020. Candidates must make a note that no changes can be made after submitting the Application Form.
- The Online Application Process included five major steps: Registration, Filling up all the details, Uploading of Scanned documents, Fee Payment, and Confirmation.
- Visit the official website and login to the portal by registering.
- After registration, you will receive a user ID and password
- Enter these login credentials and login to the account.
- Fill up the form by entering all the correct details.
- Upload necessary documents and submit.
- Pay the prescribed application fee and submit the form.
- Take a printout of the form for future reference.
The required fee for various categories is as given below:
The required Application fees can be paid through both online mode (net banking/debit card/credit card) and offline mode (e-challan).
SSC Junior Engineer Salary 2020
Junior Engineer Post in SSC Organization has a huge demand and lakhs of candidates apply for this post every year. It is common that candidates are interested in knowing the salary details. Here is a glance of the salary structure for various Junior Engineer posts.
- All the junior engineers recruited through SSC are Non-Gazetted employees under Group B in Level-6 and have a pay scale of 35400-112400 INR of pay matrix after 7th central pay commission.
- Below is the table showing the Salary structure for SSC Junior Engineer post.
|Post Name||Grade Pay (INR)||In-Hand Salary (INR)|
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical||4200||35400-112400|
|Electrical and Mechanical Junior Engineer|
|Quantity Surveying and Contract Junior Engineer|
Apart from this salary, the SSC Junior Engineers are entitled to various other allowances. So, go through the detailed salary structure before applying for the post to know about the job profile as well.
SSC JE Selection Process 2020
The SSC JE Selection Process is conducted in three stages. Here is a glimpse of the selection process for the Junior Exam as per the SSC JE 2020 notification PDF. All the stages are mandatory and qualifying in nature. Candidates qualifying all these stages will be eligible for receiving an appointment for their applied discipline.
- Paper- I will be an online objective test of 200 marks for 2 hours.
- Paper-II will be a descriptive test of 300 marks for 2 hours.
- Interview: Those who qualify the Paper I as well as Paper-II with the minimum cut off marks as specified by the commission will be called to attend the personal interview round. Final selection will depend on the marks obtained in both the papers (Paper I + Paper-II) and interview.