Check the RPF Cut Off of previous years and set your target score for the exam based on the expected cut off marks. Prepare for the RPF exam keeping this target score within sight and mind at all times.
Previous Years’ RPF Cut Off
The RPF Computer Based Test for Constable and SI is scheduled to be held tentatively in the month of November/December 2018. The application window has closed. And we suggest you to start preparing for the exam immediately if you haven’t already started. We also suggest you to go through the cut off of previous years to set your target score. We have provided in this article the official previous year RPF cut off and expected cut off 2018 . Those who qualify the Computer Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Measurement Test – after the CBT . Scroll down to read more.
Importance of Knowing RPF Cut off Marks
Aspirant should be familiar with the RPF cut off marks which will help them to get a fair idea of how much score they need to score in the exam to qualify. They can strategize their preparation accordingly. There exist total 9739 vacancies. Candidates equal to 10 times the vacancies will be selected for next stage. So, you need to secure the minimum marks needed to qualify as well as the surpass the cut off marks in order to appear in the merit list. The order in the merit list will matter at the time of final posting. Those who rank high will be given preference.
Types of RPF Cut off
Three types of cut off will be applied in the RPF SI and Constable exam as given below:
- Qualifying cut off – It is the minimum percentage of marks to be secured in the CBT exam. It is 35% for General category and 30% for SC and ST. This is the first criteria to qualify.
- Sectional cut off – Sectional cut off is the minimum marks to be scored in each of the section to be eligible to qualify for the next stage.
- Overall cut off – It is the cut off applied on the total marks.
Factors that affect RPF Cut Off
Merit list is prepared on the basis of cut off marks. The cut off of any exam depends on multiple factors. We have listed some of the reasons below.
- Difficulty level of the exam – The exam difficulty varies from time to time and also from one section to another section. Try to avoid negative marks and attempt questions which you know first. Based on the difficulty , the cut off marks is decided.
- Number of vacancies – The number of vacancies have gone down this year. In 2015, total 16000 + vacancies were announced. This means that there are less number of seats.
- Number of aspirants – More than Lakhs of candidates appear for RPF exam. This number is increasing so is the competition.
Expected RPF Cut Off 2018
|Name of the Subject||No. of Qs||Marks||RPF Expected Cut Off 2018|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35||25+|
|Total||120 Questions||120 Marks||75+|
Official RPF Cut Off 2015
|Section||No. of Qs / Marks||Cut Off Marks|
How to Check the RPF Cut Off
Note: The cut off will be released officially after the conduct of exam.
- First of all, visit the official RPF constable website and official RPF SI website.
- Then, find and click on the cut off link for RPF Constable / SI.
- Check the cut off score.
We wish you all the best for the exam! Give your 100% in the exam and hope to clear the exam.So,tell us, did you find our post on RPF Cut Off helpful? Then, keep visiting us regularly for more cut off updates. And do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. ‘Cause your opinion matters!